SCIENTIFIC NAME: Catharanthus roseus
HINDI NAME: Sadabahar, Sadapushpa
ENGLISH NAME: Madagascar Periwinkle
Sadabahar is a highly effective ayurvedic treatment for all types of Kapha aggravating diseases. Its flowers are typically seen in two colours: dark pinkish-purple and milky white. Sadabahar has a bitter flavour and a dry character, and it works as a hot potency flower. Sadabahar balances the Vata and Kapha doshas due to their inherent qualities.
USES & HEALTH BENEFITS
- Aids in cure of respiratory disorders like asthma, bronchitis, COPD, cough and cold symptoms
- Helps in wound healing
- Act as an expectorant
- Help to improve skin complexion and fight acne
- Improves functioning of digestive fire
- Regulates diabetes
- Cardiotonic action
- Improves cognitive functioning
PRECAUTIONS & SIDE EFFECTS
- Sadabahar is safe to use, for the above-prescribed health benefits.
- Advised to take under expert supervision, if having any history of chronic illness or on other medications.
HOW TO USE
- Make a smooth paste with fresh leaves of Sadabahar, Neem, turmeric powder, and rose water. Apply this evenly to the affected area and let it dry. After that, rinse with cold water to cure acne and other skin diseases.
- To avoid blood sugar rises, chew 3-4 leaves of the Sadabahar plant throughout the day.
- Boil water with freshly picked Sadabahar flowers. Allow it to steep before straining. To treat diabetes, drink this bitter juice first thing in the morning on an empty stomach.