SCIENTIFIC NAME: Pluchea lanceolata
HINDI NAME: Rasna, Suvaha, Sugandha, Yukta
ENGLISH NAME: Rasna, Rasyana
Rasna is a multipurpose floral herb with therapeutic properties. Rasna's medicinal benefits are mostly attributed to the leaves, with the rhizome, stem, and root all having some therapeutic effect. Because of its bitter taste, heavy digesting power, and heated effectiveness for balancing vata and Kapha problems, as well as the digestion of stored toxins in the body, eaves are commonly utilised in Ayurvedic formulations.
USES & HEALTH BENEFITS
- Relief in joint pain and swelling
- Manages gout, osteoarthritis & Rheumatoid arthritic condition
- Fastens wound healing
- Relief in cough & cold
- Improves asthma and bronchitis condition
- Relief from abdominal pain, indigestion
- Improves kidney functioning
PRECAUTIONS & SIDE EFFECTS
- Advised to use under expert supervision if pregnant or lactating.
- It is always best to contact an Ayurvedic practitioner to verify that you are taking the correct dose of rasna herbal extracts and formulations.
- Excessive use of this plant may cause nausea, vomiting, and indigestion.
HOW TO USE
- Joint discomfort can be relieved by applying a paste of Rasna powder or by massaging with Rasna oil.
- To relieve arthritic symptoms, use 1-2 gm of rasna powder with lukewarm water twice a day after meals.
- Take rasna in combination with other vata pacifying herbs to help cure arthritic conditions like osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis and also gout.