SCIENTIFIC NAME: Blepharis edulis
HINDI NAME: Utangana, Sunishanak
Utangana is a plant whose therapeutically useful portion is the seed, which is mucilaginous when chewed. Seed is dominant in sweet and bitter taste with properties of being heavy, slimy and unctuous making it efficient to work as a diuretic and as an aphrodisiac. Utangana has vata pacifying dosha action
USES & HEALTH BENEFITS
- Increase the sexual vigor in males
- Increases sperm count and motility rate
- Heps to increase testosterone levels
- Improves sexual performance
- Used in tuberculosis, piles, hepatitis and skin infections with sunburns
PRECAUTIONS & SIDE EFFECTS
- A few to no side effects have been reported as such till today.
- Advised to take under Ayurveda expert supervision in case of any previous relevant medical history.
- For all age groups, it is best to take prescribed amounts only after checking with your doctor.
HOW TO USE
- Boil the well-cleaned seed of uttangana in milk and drink it thrice a week for a month to improve sexual vigor.
- Take 2-3gm of seed powder with lukewarm milk for its aphrodisiac action.
- Apply the paste of fresh leaves of utanagan over the sunburnt area for instant relief.
- 20-3- ml of cold infusion of root and stem of uttangana is helpful in burning sensation while passing urine.