SCIENTIFIC NAME: Strychnos nux-vomica
HINDI NAME: Kuchila, Kuchla
ENGLISH NAME: Poison-nut tree
Kupilu / Nux vomica is a well-known yet toxic Ayurvedic herb. It offers several health advantages but should only be taken after being purified. Its seed has a pungent smell and a bitter flavour. Taking purified Kuchla helps to balance increased Vata and hence reduces anxiety and sexual performance symptoms.
USES & HEALTH BENEFITS
- Vajikaran or aphrodisiac effect
- Aids to cure erectile dysfunction
- Helps in general debility and decreased strength
PRECAUTIONS & SIDE EFFECTS
- Take only purified kuchla under expert supervision.
- If you have any liver disorders, avoid taking kuchila and related formulations.
- Avoid taking any anti-psychotic drugs while on kuchila med.
- Consult an expert if already on long term medications for diabetes/ hypertension or other chronic condition.
- Nux vomica is extremely dangerous. Taking nux vomica for more than a week, especially at doses of 30 mg or more, might result in serious adverse effects.
- Restlessness, anxiety, disorientation, neck and back stiffness, spasms of jaw and neck muscles, convulsions, respiratory issues, liver failure, and death are some of the side effects.
HOW TO USE
- It is best to take Kuchla or a supplement after speaking with a doctor due to its toxic effects when eaten in overdosage.